- 3 lbs of local, fresh, sweet, juicy peaches (aka 1/2 peck or so, or 12 medium peaches)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 large handfuls, or 3/4 cup of fresh lavender (or less if you want less of a lavender taste)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 3/4 cup of local honey
- 1 pack of Ball No Sugar Pectin
1. Boil some water, and blanch the peaches for a minute or so till the peel starts to come up at the X you cut into the peach.
3. While the peaches are cooling, boil a cup of water in a kettle. Take the lavender and put it in a cheese cloth bag (I use the same ones I use to make jellies). Put the lavender bag into a small bowl, and pour the cup of boiling water over the bag and allow it to steep for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the peaches have cooled, peel and chop them up
5. Combine the peaches, lavender water, lemon juice, and zest in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes. The peaches should break down, and the mixture should thicken.
6. Add the No Sugar Pectin, and return to a boil, stirring constantly
7. Add the honey, and allow the mixture to simmer for another 15 minutes
8. Ladle into sterile jars and process for 10 minutes