I found the follow recipe in The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and other Sweet Preserves by Linda Ziedrich. I love this book, and always find myself glancing through it for ideas.
- 1 lbs chopped ripe figs (about 12 figs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger (Yum!!)
- Place all of the ingredients in a pan over medium heat
- Stir until the sugar dissolves
- Raise the heat to medium-high and stir until the jam has thickened (it took me about 5 minutes)
- Ladle the jam into sterilized jars, and process for 10 minutes.
- Make 2 half-pints
And who doesn't want to slab that on some toast!!